This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Simplify gcc.target/mips/fuse-caller-save*.c
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries at mentor dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 19:32:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: Simplify gcc.target/mips/fuse-caller-save*.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53BD6578 dot 4010200 at mentor dot com>
Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries@mentor.com> writes:
> during testing the gcc.target/mips/fuse-caller-save*.c test-cases with more
> combinations of -march, -mabi, -fpic etc, I found that the checks for amount of
> stores are rather fragile, so I removed them in this patch.
Which combinations specifically? I don't see offhand why -march would
make a difference, or why -mabi would make a difference for -mno-abicalls.
-mabicalls might change the output because of things like the $gp save slot,
but if that's the only reason it might be better to add addressing=absolute
to the tests instead.