This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] PR 60686
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 15:39:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] PR 60686
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53BAE3D9 dot 10104 at oracle dot com>
On 07/07/2014 11:15 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
+ error ("only declarations can be marked %<explicit%>");
That's pretty unclear, since a definition is a declaration.
Let's split this into three error messages: If the problem is that we're
outside the class, we should say that. If the problem is that it's not
a constructor or conversion function, we should say that. If the
problem is that it's not a member of the current class, we should say that.