This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fwd: [RFC][gomp4] Offloading patches (2/3): Add tables generation
- From: Ilya Verbin <iverbin at gmail dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>, Andrey Turetskiy <andrey dot turetskiy at gmail dot com>, Ilya Tocar <tocarip dot intel at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan_sidwell at mentor dot com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 18:50:36 +0400
- Subject: Re: Fwd: [RFC][gomp4] Offloading patches (2/3): Add tables generation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADG=Z0GW==Wax+3B5Z2JiieOWoz_gWpqtdhHA_L9-Nzb6u4bnA at mail dot gmail dot com> <530648F8 dot 2010409 at codesourcery dot com> <CADG=Z0HE6AudmZuQK2vWz+E4fh8PnqoJ-aq9GXjZXgn-ZRW0kw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5310B791 dot 1000703 at codesourcery dot com> <20140617182018 dot GA28422 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <53A09586 dot 4060504 at codesourcery dot com> <20140618141341 dot GA35121 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <53A1A0C2 dot 4000907 at codesourcery dot com> <20140619101902 dot GB35121 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <53AD1E09 dot 4010803 at codesourcery dot com>
On 27 Jun 09:32, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> Sorry for the delayed reply, I was travelling. There seem to be some
> thinkos in the configure script and Makefile; can you try the
> following (don't forget to regenerate configure)? It seems to work
> for ptx (with some additional changes to allow ptx builds without
Thank you for you patch.
1) I tried to build accel compiler as a native x86_64-intelmic-linux-gnu compiler. Then I installed host's x86_64-pc-linux-gnu into the same prefix.
In this case the are no collisions between the executables (cc1, etc.), but lib64 is common to both. So libgomp.so from the host compiler overwrites libgomp.so from the accel compiler, but they need to be different.
2) Or should I build accel compiler as a cross from x86_64-pc-linux-gnu to x86_64-intelmic-linux-gnu? Will it help to distinguish the libs?
Such a cross build will require additional changes to config files, since currently it can't find some of the binutils (--with-ar=/usr/bin/ar didn't help):
/bin/sh: line 7: x86_64-intelmic-linux-gnu-ar: command not found
make: *** [libgcc.a] Error 127