This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH, aarch64] Add prefetch support
- From: "Gopalasubramanian, Ganesh" <Ganesh dot Gopalasubramanian at amd dot com>
- To: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com" <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, "richard dot earnshaw at arm dot com" <richard dot earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 20:42:17 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH, aarch64] Add prefetch support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=temperror (sender IP is 220.127.116.11) smtp dot mailfrom=Ganesh dot Gopalasubramanian at amd dot com;
- References: <EB4625145972F94C9680D8CADD65161578794FEC at SATLEXDAG02 dot amd dot com>
From: Gopalasubramanian, Ganesh
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2014 5:57 AM
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Subject: [PATCH, aarch64] Add prefetch support
Attached is a patch that implements
* Prefetch with immediate offset in the range 0 to 32760 (multiple of 8). Added a predicate for this.
* Prefetch with immediate offset - in the range -256 to 255 (Gets generated only when we have a negative offset. Generates prfum instruction). Added a predicate for this.
* Prefetch with register offset. (modified for printing the locality)
This patch has been already discussed on https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-02/msg01644.html
"make -k check" passes. Ok for trunk?
2014-07-04 Ganesh Gopalasubramanian <Ganesh.Gopalasubramanian@amd.com>
* config/aarch64/aarch64.md (define_insn "*prefetch")
(define_insn "prefetch"): New
* config/aarch64/predicates.md (aarch64_prefetch_pimm)
* config/arm/types.md (define_attr "type"): Add prefetch.