This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add patch for debugging compiler ICEs
- From: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- To: Maxim Ostapenko <m dot ostapenko at partner dot samsung dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>, Slava Garbuzov <v dot garbuzov at samsung dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, "tsaunders at mozilla dot com" <tsaunders at mozilla dot com>, "chefmax7 at gmail dot com" <chefmax7 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 16:13:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add patch for debugging compiler ICEs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <538C966A dot 707 at partner dot samsung dot com>
On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 04:21:14PM +0100, Maxim Ostapenko wrote:
> A years ago there was a discussion (https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-01/msg02437.html) about debugging compiler ICEs that resulted in a patch from Jakub, which dumps
> useful information into temporary file, but for some reasons this patch wasn't applied to trunk.
> This is the resurrected patch with added GCC version information into generated repro file.
How can I test this patch?
I tried applying it and injecting a segmentation fault in to the AArch64 CPU
option parsing code, but I didn't see anything new when the ICE was triggered.
What am I doing wrong?