This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch 1/4] change specific int128 -> generic intN
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 11:43:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch 1/4] change specific int128 -> generic intN
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201404142303 dot s3EN3ONP009938 at greed dot delorie dot com> <1920647 dot vUrbzv2NSg at polaris> <201407031612 dot s63GC2CM030078 at greed dot delorie dot com>
> Setting TYPE_PRECISION is mostly useless, because most of gcc assumes
> it's the same as TYPE_SIZE and ignores it.
Then you need to change that and not TYPE_SIZE.
> It seems to work just fine in testing, and I'm trying to make it
I'm very skeptical... In any case, having a type whose TYPE_SIZE is smaller
than the size of its MODE is a lie which will bite you back at some point.