This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add guality [p]type test.
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 12:05:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add guality [p]type test.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1403265071 dot 6147 dot 5 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org> <1404381209-11280-1-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 11:53:29AM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> I pulled out the guality.exp [p]type test extension from the actual
> dwarf2out.c changes (which I will repost soon with some tweaks). I think
> the test extension itself is useful on its own (and will use it to
> add tests for my new patches).
> All new tests PASS, except when using -flto, so you'll need the
> "Don't run guality.exp tests with LTO_TORTURE_OPTIONS"
> if you don't want to add new FAILs. But I hope this patch can go in
> even without that because I do think it is useful on its own.
Is what gdb prints for ptype stable across different gdb versions (except
for whitespace that you canonicalize)? If yes, this looks good to me.