This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: More informative ODR warnings
- From: Nathan Froyd <froydnj at mozilla dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jason at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 10:52:40 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: More informative ODR warnings
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140702151520 dot GB28874 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
----- Original Message -----
> /aux/hubicka/firefox/netwerk/sctp/datachannel/DataChannel.h:64:0: warning:
> field âmSpaâ (of type âstruct BufferedMsgâ) violates one definition rule
Can we reword this warning? The "of type 'struct BufferedMsg'" could be easily taken to mean that the type of the field is 'struct BufferedMsg', rather than the intended meaning. Perhaps "within type 'struct BufferedMsg'"?