This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [GOMP4, RFC] Support of offloading for Intel MIC targets.
- From: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- To: Tobias Burnus <tobias dot burnus at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 17:28:11 +0400
- Subject: Re: [GOMP4, RFC] Support of offloading for Intel MIC targets.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140702121153 dot GA27533 at physik dot fu-berlin dot de> <20140702123451 dot GA21795 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20140702130638 dot GA12351 at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>
On 02 Jul 15:06, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Hmm, I had hoped that the work would include the forward porting of HJ's patches from
> to the current trunk. In my understanding, that's all what is needed, isn't it?
That compiler only supports KNC ABI. No KNC instructions are supported, only x87.
Biggest problem is that KNL (which are in GCC from 4.9) new instructions and KNC
ones intersect which make rebasing on top of trunk equal to rewriting.
We still have no demand for such no-new-insns GCC.