This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [GOMP4, RFC] Support of offloading for Intel MIC targets.
- From: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- To: Tobias Burnus <tobias dot burnus at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 16:35:01 +0400
- Subject: Re: [GOMP4, RFC] Support of offloading for Intel MIC targets.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140702121153 dot GA27533 at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>
On 02 Jul 14:11, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Kirill Yukhin wrote:
> > This branch should be capable to perform offload to Intel targets (Xeon PHI)
> Which Xeon PHI does it support? Knights Corner, Knights Landing, both?
Currently liboffloadmic supports KNC. Future update will add support for KNL.
However, GCC (main trunk and this branch) does not support code generation for KNC
and we don't plan to do that.
That is why we've implemented the emulator, which works on x86_64 and current GCC+liboffloadmic.
Our plan for 4.10 is to support offload to KNL, no support for KNC is planned so far.
It should be mentioned that non-liboffloadmic part works for any MIC target: KNC, KNL, ...