This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] Enable setting sign and unsigned promoted mode (SPR_SIGNED_AND_UNSIGNED)
- From: Kugan <kugan dot vivekanandarajah at linaro dot org>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 18:28:13 +1000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Enable setting sign and unsigned promoted mode (SPR_SIGNED_AND_UNSIGNED)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53A9658F dot 2070304 at linaro dot org> <53A96657 dot 1030901 at linaro dot org> <20140624121812 dot GW31640 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <53AA7864 dot 9020500 at linaro dot org> <20140625075005 dot GY31640 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <53AB7212 dot 5080902 at linaro dot org> <20140626055011 dot GK31640 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <53ABEAC2 dot 2010804 at linaro dot org> <mvmk3846k7x dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On 26/06/14 20:25, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Kugan <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> @@ -5203,24 +5203,25 @@ store_expr (tree exp, rtx target, int call_param_p, bool nontemporal)
>> == TYPE_PRECISION (TREE_TYPE (exp)))
>> if (TYPE_UNSIGNED (TREE_TYPE (exp))
>> - != SUBREG_PROMOTED_UNSIGNED_P (target))
>> + != SUBREG_PROMOTED_GET (target) & SRP_UNSIGNED)
> & has lower precedence than !=. You should have got a warning that
> fails bootstrap.
Thanks for spotting it. I did a cross bootstrap and it dose not fail on
warning. I should have mentioned clearly that I intend to do the full
testing on all the targets necessary after getting feedback.