This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch RFA: Move x86 _mm_pause out of pragma target("sse") scope
- From: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 15:57:03 +0400
- Subject: Re: Patch RFA: Move x86 _mm_pause out of pragma target("sse") scope
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFULd4Zh9B_mLN2wJt8Xpf1zRDXPRU1xoznAapWMsUCjVADQng at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140530114114 dot GA16020 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20140530114533 dot GY10386 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On 30 May 13:45, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 03:41:22PM +0400, Kirill Yukhin wrote:
> > That is definetely a bug and I see no compatibility issues in the fix.
> > The only nit I see: maybe it'd be better to put this cpuid-less intrinsic
> > into immintin.h? xmmintrin.h serves for SSE.
> Wouldn't that be an API compatibility problem?
> I mean, xmmintrin.h header isn't a new header that can be only included
> as part of immintrin.h or x86intrin.h, and people who include xmmintrin.h
> and expect to find _mm_pause would suddenly get compiler errors.
Makes sense. Moreover we already have cpuid-less _mm_prefetch () in that
header. So, I take it back.