This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ipa-visibility TLC 2/n
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, ramrad01 at arm dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 17:44:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: ipa-visibility TLC 2/n
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm glad that you're making progress.
> David, this looks like a bug in the AIX target output macros. I get:
> .set _ZTCSt14basic_ifstreamIcSt11char_traitsIcEE0_Si.localalias.69,_ZTCSt14basic_ifstreamIcSt11char_traitsIcEE0_Si
> (this is correct since localalias is really an alias)
> .space 40
> This is wrong, since we should not try to out the variable at least if I read AIX assembly correctly.
> varpool has explicit test to not output any aliases, so perhaps this is a bug in wrapup_globals
> and AIX output macros. I will try to track more after my teaching tonight.
The AIX support handles AIX XCOFF assembler syntax and chooses
appropriate sections, but it would not choose to emit an extra
definition. If there are multiple definitions, then the varasm macros
are being invoked multiple times for the same symbol.