This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH ARM] Improve ARM memset inlining
- From: "bin.cheng" <bin dot cheng at arm dot com>
- To: "Richard Earnshaw" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches List" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 16:52:44 +0800
- Subject: RE: [PATCH ARM] Improve ARM memset inlining
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <003301cf641f$36733f40$a359bdc0$ at arm dot com> <5363A4CF dot 9050904 at arm dot com> <003f01cf6832$9cf921a0$d6eb64e0$ at arm dot com> <004401cf68e7$fff1bb40$ffd531c0$ at arm dot com> <CAHFci2_=gCoRTQrFYFq0=c83Z7ps6XcB4xLmKWG6Oj_kft2=Nw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHFci2_4hYWmB1FmMGTz7UgdQwFgseJRxo+K8RPoeyAqd+BiNQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bin.Cheng [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 2:40 PM
> To: Bin Cheng
> Cc: Richard Earnshaw; gcc-patches List
> Subject: Re: [PATCH ARM] Improve ARM memset inlining
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Bin.Cheng <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Ping.
> > Thanks,
> > bin
> > On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 12:59 PM, bin.cheng <email@example.com> wrote:
> >> Precisely, I configured gcc with options "--with-arch=armv7-a
> >> --with-cpu|--with-tune=cortex-a9".
> >> I read gcc documents and realized that "-mcpu" is ignored when
> >> "-march" is specified. I don't know why gcc acts in this manner, but
> >> it leads to inconsistent configuration/command line behavior.
> >> If we configure GCC with "--with-arch=armv7-a --with-cpu=cortex-a9",
> >> then only "-march=armv7-a" is passed to cc1.
> >> If we compile with "-march=armv7-a -mcpu=cortex-a9", then gcc works
> >> fine and passes "-march=armv7-a -mcpu=cortex-a9" to cc1.
> >> Even more weird cc1 warns that "switch -mcpu=cortex-m4 conflicts with
> >> -march=armv7-m switch".
> >> Thanks,
> >> bin
> > --
> > Best Regards.
> Best Regards.