This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch,doc,avr] PR61044: Note that label defferences are not supported
- From: Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>
- To: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 14:59:33 +0400
- Subject: Re: [patch,doc,avr] PR61044: Note that label defferences are not supported
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53837035 dot 6030208 at gjlay dot de>
2014-05-26 20:47 GMT+04:00 Georg-Johann Lay <email@example.com>:
> This adds a note to the user manual that code with label differences is not
> supported. This is because adding an offset to a stub address as generated
> with gs() will in general not yield the address of the label+offset.
> This actually occurs only if gs() has something to do, e.g. on devices with
> more than 128KiB of flash; but I don't see any benefit from supporting the
> feature on small devices -- left out all the problems caused by relaxing and
> when gas resolves the label difference.
> Thus, add a note that it's not available on any AVR and mark the PR as
> Ok for trunk?
> PR target/61044
> * doc/extend.texi (Local Labels): Note that label differences are
> not supported for AVR.
> Index: doc/extend.texi