This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: profile mode maintenance patch
- From: François Dumont <frs dot dumont at gmail dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 23:10:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: profile mode maintenance patch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53712BC2 dot 4030507 at gmail dot com> <20140524113332 dot GQ6953 at redhat dot com>
On 24/05/2014 13:33, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 12/05/14 22:14 +0200, François Dumont wrote:
Here is a maintenance patch for profile mode. It does:
- Use inheritance to limit duplication of code in constructors to
register for the different profiling mode diagnostics data structure.
- Remove many code keeping only instrumented methods or methods that
where the container type itself appears in the signature..
- Extend the map to unordered_map to all ordered containers.
And of course code cleanup and usage of default implementation for
special methods as much as possible.
Regarding Makefile.in I miss last time. I moved to a new system
lately, a Ubuntu based one, and still need to find out what version
of automake/autoreconf I need to install. For the moment I have
updated Makefile.in manually.
This is OK
(I'm in favour of any change that reduces the amount of code in the
Profile Mode :)
Please correct a minor spelling mistake (in two places) before
+ /** If hint is used we consider that the map and unordered_map
+ * operations have equivalent insertion cost so we do not
+ * about it.
+ * Note that to find out if hint has been used is libstdc++
+ * implementation dependant.
Done but I forgot to fix the spelling. I will fix it in the future patch.