This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch i386]: Sibcall tail-call improvement and partial fix PR/60104
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Kai Tietz <ktietz at redhat dot com>, Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras dot ru>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 12:00:03 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch i386]: Sibcall tail-call improvement and partial fix PR/60104
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1478265243 dot 5697739 dot 1400792508558 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at redhat dot com> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1405231242340 dot 20140 at monopod dot intra dot ispras dot ru> <1457483078 dot 6444864 dot 1400835533274 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at redhat dot com>
On 05/23/14 02:58, Kai Tietz wrote:
yes the underlying issue is the same as for PR/46219. Nevertheless
the patch doesn't solve this mentioned PR as I used for know a pretty
conservative checking of allowed memories. By extending
x86_sibcall_memory_p_1 function about allowing register-arguments too
for memory, this problem can be solved.
BTW, do you want to add 46219 to your list?
At the least, I think we should add the test from 46219 to the suite,
xfailed if you don't tackle it as a part of this work.