This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Small enhancement to associate_plusminus
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 15:39:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Small enhancement to associate_plusminus
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1971449 dot rxvxeZN2SR at polaris> <CAFiYyc0SxZPvaXH=iEoCCTYbHMp1t2cBitv+TOK6a7YPUUik4g at mail dot gmail dot com>
> I'm a little worried that introducing PLUS_EXPR_CODE_P and friends
> invites too easy (not well thought) uses of it - they are distinct enough
> that we have very few "common" code-paths given the constraints on
> op2 of POINTER_PLUS_EXPR.
"grep -A1 -B1 POINTER_PLUS_EXPR *.c" convinced me of the contrary (and I
planned to post a follow-up patch) but I don't really care in the end.