This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC][AArch64] Define BASE_REG_CLASS to be GENERAL_REGS
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Kugan <kugan dot vivekanandarajah at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 16:21:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC][AArch64] Define BASE_REG_CLASS to be GENERAL_REGS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <537456AF dot 5020204 at linaro dot org>
On 15 May 2014 06:54, Kugan <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> In AArch64 back-end, BASE_REG_CLASS is defined to be POINTER_REGS.
> Shouldnât this be GENERAL_REGS?
Are you aware of any problem caused by BASE_REG_CLASS being POINTER_REGS?
GENERAL_REGS and POINTER_REGS differ only in that the latter includes
SP, the former does not. It seems reasonable to me that
BASE_REG_CLASS should be based on the set that includes SP......