This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Fix over-optimization of calls to pure function
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 14:26:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix over-optimization of calls to pure function
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5409358 dot 5kA2CkRFhr at polaris> <CAFiYyc233bV7ieGFSea8F+tzHUpom6=6yZEDC_AndyNH=7S5zg at mail dot gmail dot com> <75355F3A-6DF7-491C-8662-0475912FDE5D at gmail dot com> <2990007 dot nFa32dZpif at polaris>
On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Eric Botcazou <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I thought we had decided a long time ago that pure and const functions could
>> not throw and that was the documented behavior.
> No, it's precisely the opposite.
Btw, I agree. For this and other attributes the behavior is that it specifies
behavior along normal return, not EH or abnormal one.
> Eric Botcazou