This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [i386] Replace builtins with vector extensions
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 15:34:38 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [i386] Replace builtins with vector extensions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1404112137530 dot 19663 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1404281322180 dot 3620 at laptop-mg dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
On Mon, 28 Apr 2014, Marc Glisse wrote:
(note that ARM seems to be doing the same thing for their neon intrinsics,
see Ramana's patch series posted today)
On Fri, 11 Apr 2014, Marc Glisse wrote:
the previous discussion on the topic was before we added all those #pragma
target in *mmintrin.h:
I believe that removes a large part of the arguments against it. Note that
I only did a few of the more obvious intrinsics, I am waiting to see if
this patch is accepted before doing more.
Bootstrap+testsuite on x86_64-linux-gnu.
2014-04-11 Marc Glisse <email@example.com>
* config/i386/xmmintrin.h (_mm_add_ps, _mm_sub_ps, _mm_mul_ps,
_mm_div_ps, _mm_store_ss, _mm_cvtss_f32): Use vector extensions
instead of builtins.
* config/i386/emmintrin.h (_mm_store_sd, _mm_cvtsd_f64,
_mm_cvtsi128_si64, _mm_cvtsi128_si64x, _mm_add_pd, _mm_sub_pd,
_mm_mul_pd, _mm_div_pd, _mm_storel_epi64, _mm_movepi64_pi64,
_mm_loadh_pd, _mm_loadl_pd): Likewise.
(_mm_sqrt_sd): Fix comment.