This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 1/5] export finish_bitfield_layout from stor-layout
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 12:27:27 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/5] export finish_bitfield_layout from stor-layout
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400254001-12038-1-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <1400254001-12038-2-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com>
On 05/16/14 09:26, Tom Tromey wrote:
The gdb plugin handles some aspects of type layout on its own. It
does this because it knows the layout of types, but not the path by
which the layout was determined -- so normal gcc things like
TYPE_PACKED cannot be used.
This patch exposes one bit of stor-layout so it can be used by the
2014-05-16 Phil Muldoon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tom Tromey <email@example.com>
* stor-layout.c (finish_bitfield_layout): Now public. Change
argument type to 'tree'.
* stor-layout.h (finish_bitfield_layout): Declare.
OK. However, please hold off installing until the entire set is approved.