This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Clean up shrink-wrapping codes
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, Zhenqiang Chen <zhenqiang dot chen at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 12:00:45 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Clean up shrink-wrapping codes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACgzC7Dr844=v7GAGiuk5NhbhXdQqamvFpFxzeBP_OX6LtEiRw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5370F2F7 dot 2040104 at redhat dot com> <CACgzC7Bat9f8jKLdfpjt8bjc7+SVsPmhTyS1irjSD-QRqzNcSg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513075513 dot GD2663 at redhat dot com> <CACgzC7C=McyzVgEPgvBDwPpKg+4h2t0m-PKGgwWyqzMrrMZXQw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513081330 dot GE2663 at redhat dot com>
On 05/13/14 02:13, Marek Polacek wrote:
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 04:08:21PM +0800, Zhenqiang Chen wrote:
On 13 May 2014 15:55, Marek Polacek <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 03:14:34PM +0800, Zhenqiang Chen wrote:
Thanks. Committed the patch @r210351 with changes:
(1) Create shrink-wrap.h.
(2) Move all shrink-wrapping related interfaces from function.h to
(3) shrink-wrap.h is included in function.c, shrink-wrap.c and
Could you please update the comment at the beginning of shrink-wrap.c?
It certainly shouldn't say the same what function.c says.
There are two /*..*/ blocks at the beginning.
As I understand the first /*...*/ is the copyright/license, which
should be same for all files.
And I had changed the second /*...*/ as
/* This file handles shrink-wrapping related optimizations. */
Which comment do you mean?
I meant the very first line that says "Expands front end tree to back
end RTL for GCC.". I guess best would be just to replace it with the
"This file handles shrink-wrapping related optimizations." line.
I think that's fixed in a follow-up patch from Zhenqiang.