This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch,Microblaze]: Added Break Handler Support
- From: Michael Eager <eager at eagercon dot com>
- To: Ajit Kumar Agarwal <ajit dot kumar dot agarwal at xilinx dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Vinod Kathail <vinodk at xilinx dot com>, Vidhumouli Hunsigida <vidhum at xilinx dot com>, Nagaraju Mekala <nmekala at xilinx dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 10:00:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch,Microblaze]: Added Break Handler Support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <345d2b49-c710-4795-924b-217a5221921c at CO9EHSMHS012 dot ehs dot local> <5368F2DA dot 9090509 at eagercon dot com> <fac736b9-9d73-4de2-8987-88200ac8b8ac at BN1BFFO11FD037 dot protection dot gbl>
On 05/13/14 02:14, Ajit Kumar Agarwal wrote:
The following patch is to handle Software and Hardware breaks in Microblaze Architecture.
Deja GNU testcase does not have any regressions and the testcase attached passes through.
Review comments are incorporated.
Okay for trunk?
Just saying OK would only be appropriate if you had write access to the repository.
Added Break Handler support to incorporate the hardware and software break. The Break Handler routine
will be generating the rtbd instruction. At the call point where the software breaks are generated with
the instruction brki with register operand as r16.
2014-05-13 Ajit Agarwal <email@example.com>
(microblaze_break_function_p,microblaze_is_break_handler) : New
* config/microblaze/microblaze.h (BREAK_HANDLER_NAME) : New macro
* config/microblaze/microblaze.md :
Extended support for generation of brki instruction and rtbd instruction.
A better ChangeLog entry is
* config/microblaze/microblaze.md (*<optab>,<optab>_internal):
Add microblaze_is_break_handler () test.
Give specifics, naming functions, rather than making general comments.
As the ChangeLog standard says:
Itâs important to name the changed function or variable in full.
Donât abbreviate function or variable names, and donât combine them.
Subsequent maintainers will often search for a function name to find
all the change log entries that pertain to it; if you abbreviate the
name, they wonât find it when they search.
Mention each place where there are changes. There should be a ChangeLog
entry for each non-trivial change.
Your patch made four significant changes to microblaze.md.
There appear to be several changes in microblaze.c, not just the definition
of the new functions as shown in your entry.
(microblaze_break_function_p,microblaze_is_break_handler) : New Declaration.
* testsuite/gcc.target/microblaze/others/break_handler.c : New.
Thanks for the test case.
As mentioned previously, add documentation for _break_handler.
diff --git a/gcc/config/microblaze/microblaze-protos.h b/gcc/config/microblaze/microblaze-protos.h
index b03e9e1..f3cc099 100644
Please include the patch only once, not both inline and again as an
Michael Eager firstname.lastname@example.org
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077