This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 0/3] Compile-time gimple checking v4
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Cc: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 15:10:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] Compile-time gimple checking v4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1399930562-54518-1-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1405131435470 dot 23942 at wotan dot suse dot de>
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Michael Matz <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 May 2014, David Malcolm wrote:
>> The "gfoo" type names are pleasantly terse, though I'm a little unhappy
>> about how they no longer match the prefix of the accessor functions e.g.
>> gimple_switch_num_labels (const gswitch *gs)
>> gimple_switch_num_labels (const gimple_switch *gs)
>> But it works.
> That could also be changed with a followup to make it consistent again
> (i.e. rename the accessors to gswitch_num_labels). I'd be in favor of
> such renaming later.
Yeah, or go all the way to member functions.
I'd like to see this addresses as followup, together with a discussion
on whether we want standalone or member functions here.