This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] Remove unused vtrn, vzip, vuzp NEON builtins
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 13:57:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] Remove unused vtrn, vzip, vuzp NEON builtins
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5368E59B dot 3050302 at arm dot com>
On 05/06/14 14:37, Kyrill Tkachov wrote:
This patch removes the NEON builtin functions for vtrn, vzip, vuzp and their
associated wiring and machine descriptions. The builtins were initially used to
implement the corresponding intrinsics in arm_neon.h but those have since been
reimplemented using the more generic __builtin_shuffle. This allows us to clean
up the NEON builtin initialisation code somewhat.
Tested arm-none-eabi on qemu. Made sure that the recently added tests in
simd.exp for vzip, vuzp etc. pass.
Ok for trunk?
Yes this is OK and thanks for the cleanup.
Sorry about the late review.
2014-05-06 Kyrylo Tkachov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/arm/arm.c (neon_itype): Remove NEON_RESULTPAIR.
(arm_init_neon_builtins): Remove handling of NEON_RESULTPAIR.
Remove associated type declarations and initialisations.
* config/arm/arm_neon_builtins (vtrn, vzip, vuzp): Delete.
* config/arm/neon.md (neon_vtrn<mode>): Delete.