This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PING*2][PATCH] Extend mode-switching to support toggle (1/2)
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at embecosm dot com>
- To: Oleg Endo <oleg dot endo at t-online dot de>
- Cc: Christian Bruel <christian dot bruel at st dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 09:10:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PING*2][PATCH] Extend mode-switching to support toggle (1/2)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <535E0C86 dot 400 at st dot com> <537089D8 dot 8040106 at st dot com> <53708F1D dot 1080308 at st dot com> <CAMqJFCpxG2RyOZ0NsYiBV5PUU4A+8kWaq22am+GR=e22i-uf0g at mail dot gmail dot com> <5370BB9D dot 1090803 at st dot com> <CAMqJFCovAjbuJK6puakdUZu-mDdUdWS92exwLdz3fKGO+goMZA at mail dot gmail dot com> <1399934352 dot 2344 dot 26 dot camel at yam-132-YW-E178-FTW>
On 12 May 2014 23:39, Oleg Endo <email@example.com> wrote:
> This is the same as changing/setting the FP modes (PR, SZ) on SH while
> preserving the other FPSCR bits, or did I miss something?
It's more like if you have to control multiple bits at once to get a
Say you have to turn SZ off and PR on. You you knew that only one bit needs
changing, you can do with one less arithmetic operation.