This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 5/7] Shrink SCRATCH
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rdsandiford at googlemail dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:00:52 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/7] Shrink SCRATCH
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87a9ap1k8n dot fsf at talisman dot default> <87oaz5z8w5 dot fsf at talisman dot default>
On 05/10/14 14:16, Richard Sandiford wrote:
Are you sure reload doesn't still do this? Do you have a pointer to
when this code was removed?
SCRATCH has a single "0" field because reload used to turn it directly
into a REG. It no longer does (or could do) that since REG has three
fields rather than one. This patch therefore updates the comment and
removes the field.
Tested on x86_64-linux-gnu. OK to install?
* rtl.def (scratch): Fix outdated comment and remove "0" field.
* gengtype.c (adjust_field_rtx_def): Update accordingly.
While I would have expected something to break, perhaps the problems are
If you had a pointer which showed this code in reload being removed, I'd
approve without hesitation.