This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PING][RFC][PATCH] RL78 - Add predicates to reduce code bloat when accessing volatile memory.
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Hulme <peper03 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 15:20:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PING][RFC][PATCH] RL78 - Add predicates to reduce code bloat when accessing volatile memory.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <535179B5 dot 6010607 at yahoo dot com> <536D259D dot 9080404 at yahoo dot com>
The key to the msp430 change is that I reviewed every pattern that
used the predicates, and only changed the ones where the pattern was
known to be volatile-safe. For the RL78, the devirtualizer may make a
pattern non-volatile-safe, and many patterns are macros which are not
So, just changing the predicates is probably not enough. Did you
review every pattern that used the changed predicates, to ensure that
they're each volatile safe?