This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] gengtype: Support explicit pointers in template arguments
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches\ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 17:43:57 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gengtype: Support explicit pointers in template arguments
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1398913642 dot 8042 dot 67 dot camel at surprise>
David Malcolm <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Currently, gengtype does not support template arguments that are
> explicitly pointers, such as:
> static GTY(()) vec<gimple_statement_base *> test_gimple; giving this
> ../../src/gcc/gimple-expr.c:902: parse error: expected a string constant or ',', have '*' instead
> requiring them to be typedefs.
> This patch removes this restriction, supporting up to a single pointer
> in each template argument.
Sorry to ask, but would you mind holding on until after the wide-int merge
(hopefully the next few days, this time for real)? It looks like it
might clash with the support for nested templates.