This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C PATCH] Warn about variadic main (PR c/60156)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Jason Merrill" <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 23:37:58 +0000
- Subject: Re: [C PATCH] Warn about variadic main (PR c/60156)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140212095132 dot GB8907 at redhat dot com> <53597DF3 dot 8090904 at redhat dot com> <20140425070518 dot GN2103 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, 25 Apr 2014, Marek Polacek wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 03:11:15PM -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
> > OK. Though in practice I doubt this is going to catch many real
> > bugs. Are people still giving main a stdargs style signature?
> I doubt too, it's more a matter of QOI. I've actually never seen
> main (int, ...). But it seemed wrong to not to warn on that.
As a matter of QoI we should also diagnose use of _Atomic in the return
type or argument types of main (something I deferred doing in the initial
Joseph S. Myers