This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Add missing profile updates to jump threading code
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:06:40 -0600
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Add missing profile updates to jump threading code
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAe5K+Xb6cPZnsXXYdNS2U-sjJOhCt5SU0T0JM3qTm7zcsbXdQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5249CC05 dot 4000507 at redhat dot com>
On 09/30/13 13:07, Jeff Law wrote:
BTW, I'm going to go ahead and check this in -- it's conflicts with a
patch that I was trying to wrap up today...
On 09/30/13 12:52, Teresa Johnson wrote:
The jump threading handling in the case of a joiner block was not
profile information (it was being updated in the non-joiner case). Added
profile updates for the joiner case, in one place by commoning the
handling between the joiner and non-joiner cases.
Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. Ok for trunk?
2013-09-30 Teresa Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* tree-ssa-threadupdate.c (ssa_fix_duplicate_block_edges):
Update redirected out edge count in joiner case.
(ssa_redirect_edges): Common the joiner and non-joiner cases
so that joiner case gets profile updates.
* testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/ssa-dom-thread-3.c (expand_one_var):
Update for additional dump message.
Thanks for the fix & cleanup. OK for the trunk.