This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Fix use of __builtin_eh_pointer in EH_ELSE
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:24:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Fix use of __builtin_eh_pointer in EH_ELSE
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <F2E54761-A8AD-461E-88E5-C6A22D37B22F at adacore dot com> <5241DF37 dot 4020603 at redhat dot com>
On Sep 24, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Richard Henderson <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 09/03/2013 07:08 AM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>> The field state->ehp_region wasn't updated before lowering constructs in the eh
>> path of EH_ELSE. As a consequence, __builtin_eh_pointer is lowered to 0 (or
>> possibly to a wrong region number) in this path.
>> The only user of EH_ELSE looks to be trans-mem.c:lower_transaction, and the
>> consequence of that is a memory leak.
>> Furthermore, according to calls.c:flags_from_decl_or_type, the "transaction_pure"
>> attribute must be set on the function type, not on the function declaration.
>> Hence the change to declare __builtin_eh_pointer.
>> (I don't understand the guard condition to set the attribute for it in tree.c.
>> Why is 'builtin_decl_explicit_p (BUILT_IN_TM_LOAD_1)' needed in addition to
>> flag_tm ?)
> Clearly these are totally unrelated and should not be in the same patch.
This wasn't clear to me, as I got 'unsafe function call __builtin_eh_pointer in
atomic transaction' before fixing the transaction_pure.
So here is the 'transaction_pure' part.
No check-host regressions on x86_64-linux-gnu.
Ok for trunk ?
2013-09-03 Tristan Gingold <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* tree.c (set_call_expr_flags): Reject ECF_TM_PURE.
(build_common_builtin_nodes): Set "transaction_pure"
attribute on __builtin_eh_pointer function type (and not on
diff --git a/gcc/tree.c b/gcc/tree.c
index f0ee309..e4be24d 100644
@@ -9817,9 +9817,11 @@ set_call_expr_flags (tree decl, int flags)
if (flags & ECF_LEAF)
DECL_ATTRIBUTES (decl) = tree_cons (get_identifier ("leaf"),
NULL, DECL_ATTRIBUTES (decl));
- if ((flags & ECF_TM_PURE) && flag_tm)
- DECL_ATTRIBUTES (decl) = tree_cons (get_identifier ("transaction_pure"),
- NULL, DECL_ATTRIBUTES (decl));
+ /* The "transaction_pure" attribute must be set on the function type, not
+ on the declaration. */
+ gcc_assert (!(flags & ECF_TM_PURE));
/* Looping const or pure is implied by noreturn.
There is currently no way to declare looping const or looping pure alone. */
gcc_assert (!(flags & ECF_LOOPING_CONST_OR_PURE)
@@ -10018,8 +10020,9 @@ build_common_builtin_nodes (void)
ecf_flags = ECF_PURE | ECF_NOTHROW | ECF_LEAF;
/* Only use TM_PURE if we we have TM language support. */
- if (builtin_decl_explicit_p (BUILT_IN_TM_LOAD_1))
- ecf_flags |= ECF_TM_PURE;
+ if (flag_tm && builtin_decl_explicit_p (BUILT_IN_TM_LOAD_1))
+ TYPE_ATTRIBUTES (ftype) = tree_cons (get_identifier ("transaction_pure"),
+ NULL, TYPE_ATTRIBUTES (ftype));
local_define_builtin ("__builtin_eh_pointer", ftype, BUILT_IN_EH_POINTER,