This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Darwin] improve cross-compiles.
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Iain Sandoe <iain at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:31:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Darwin] improve cross-compiles.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BBB7C376-19BC-4540-B71D-CAF174D89192 at codesourcery dot com>
On Sep 28, 2013, at 2:35 AM, Iain Sandoe <email@example.com> wrote:
> I've been experimenting with the idea of building native crosses on my most capable machine, for the many variants of darwin we now have, and then using the older/slower hardware for test only.
> This has uncovered a few issues with cross/native cross flags etc.
> (i) that PIE is disabled for gcc exes on Darwin hosts since it is incompatible with the current PCH implementation.
> (ii) that -mdynamic-no-pic is used for m32 hosts.
> OK for trunk?