This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Darwin] update t-* and x-* fragments after switch to auto-deps.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Iain Sandoe <iain at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 16:40:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Darwin] update t-* and x-* fragments after switch to auto-deps.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5A4296A4-10B6-4C9B-AF0A-1955B4DF40F4 at codesourcery dot com>
On Sat, 28 Sep 2013, Iain Sandoe wrote:
> * config/t-darwin (darwin.o, darwin-c.o, darwin-f.o, darwin-driver.o):
> Use COMPILE and POSTCOMPILE.
> * config/x-darwin (host-darwin.o): Likewise.
> * config/i386/x-darwin (host-i386-darwin.o): Likewise.
> * config/rs6000/x-darwin (host-ppc-darwin.o): Likewise.
> * config/rs6000/x-darwin64 (host-ppc64-darwin.o): Likewise.
Do you need these compilation rules at all? Or could you change
config.host to use paths such as config/host-darwin.o rather than just
host-darwin.o, and so allow the generic rules to be used (my understanding
was that the auto-deps patch series made lots of such changes to the
locations of .o files in the build tree to avoid needing special
compilation rules for particular files)?
Joseph S. Myers