This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Make jump thread path carry more information
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:32:10 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make jump thread path carry more information
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5243A96B dot 1010703 at redhat dot com> <20130927144213 dot GA7327 at arm dot com>
On 09/27/2013 08:42 AM, James Greenhalgh wrote:
Yes. The old code was dropping the tail off the thread path; if we're
seeing failures on the ARM port as a result of fixing that goof we
obviously need to address them.
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 04:26:35AM +0100, Jeff Law wrote:
Bootstrapped and regression tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
Installed on trunk.
This patch caused a regression on Arm and AArch64 in:
PASS->FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/memcpy-2.c execution, -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
From what I can see, the only place the behaviour of the threader has
changed is in this hunk:
Let me take a looksie :-)
If you could pass along a .i file it'd be helpful in case I want to look
at something under the debugger.