This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, LRA] Remove REG_DEAD and REG_UNUSED notes.
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Yvan Roux <yvan dot roux at linaro dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, Patch Tracking <patches at linaro dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:23:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, LRA] Remove REG_DEAD and REG_UNUSED notes.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAD57uCdOYQAkj+M3pVncqNpadeBFrxqn=yuRETHJ=Uy_GBoYow at mail dot gmail dot com> <4163413 dot 18cp2JSUdS at polaris>
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Eric Botcazou wrote:
>> This patch removes REG_DEAD and REG_UNUSED notes in update_inc_notes,
>> as it is what the function is supposed to do (see the comments) and as
>> keeping these notes produce some failures, at least on ARM.
> The description is too terse. In the RTL middle-end, you shouldn't have to
> manually deal with the REG_DEAD and REG_UNUSED notes (unlike REG_EQUAL and
> REG_EQUIV notes), as the DF framework is supposed to do it for you.
Unfortunately LRA uses its own DF framework.