This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++1y] [PATCH] Fix PR c++/58500
- From: Adam Butcher <adam at jessamine dot co dot uk>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Gcc Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Volker Reichelt <reichelt at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 19:52:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: [C++1y] [PATCH] Fix PR c++/58500
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0dc1c55f8eb864d8b145b798a43ec3c7 at imap dot force9 dot net> <5240823F dot 1040603 at redhat dot com>
On 23.09.2013 19:02, Jason Merrill wrote:
Agreed. We can arrange for the parm trees to be as if the user had
explicitly specified the template and then subsequent logic will proceed
'naturally'. I'll look into it.
On 09/23/2013 02:08 AM, Adam Butcher wrote:
Note that this doesn't mean that 'auto' parameters in a function ptr
will be treated the same; I think we need a special case for this in
implicit template parameter introduction code (or refactor to
template parm types on the fly).
It is seeming like generating the types on the fly will make various
things simpler; otherwise we need to deal with rewriting arbitrarily
complex types later on.