This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++1y] [PATCH] Fix PR c++/58500
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Adam Butcher <adam at jessamine dot co dot uk>, Gcc Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Volker Reichelt <reichelt at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:02:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: [C++1y] [PATCH] Fix PR c++/58500
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0dc1c55f8eb864d8b145b798a43ec3c7 at imap dot force9 dot net>
On 09/23/2013 02:08 AM, Adam Butcher wrote:
Note that this doesn't mean that 'auto' parameters in a function ptr
will be treated the same; I think we need a special case for this in the
implicit template parameter introduction code (or refactor to generate
template parm types on the fly).
It is seeming like generating the types on the fly will make various
things simpler; otherwise we need to deal with rewriting arbitrarily
complex types later on.
The patch is OK.