This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Make vector::at() assertion message more useful (try #2)
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>, Daniel Krügler <daniel dot kruegler at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 08:14:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch] Make vector::at() assertion message more useful (try #2)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ye6qhae0qpf8 dot fsf at elbrus2 dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com> <CAGNvRgDfHf6pYmBYC66HHhj6RobhiaiAAVEKj1FDxSWGxbYFTg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CALoOobMf3u8R_DVW5b2eRy05fBpB5unhriLMYdUEkT_E3DwtaA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGNvRgD6mK=-n7QhK=-NtfXZHOpCniXKc-riWUNfqZeVa8xufQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CALoOobO6XEsrSM6jJFCQ=n00iY8qM=eujs-=LixNZyuya5f-cA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5232E2AF dot 4000106 at oracle dot com> <CALoOobMejGJLVVCszP8Joa+4B21UbvK4chyFUnjiCNPP0GJF0A at mail dot gmail dot com> <mvma9j35377 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <52402567 dot 2080407 at oracle dot com> <mvm1u4f4v81 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org> ha scritto:
>What's wrong with always adding the instantiation?
That quite a few targets will not use it and will remain dead in the .so? But I agree that it's an option, that you can also pursue immediately if you like, also preapproved (I'm traveling, either you or Paul or somebody else has to do the work, sorry)
>> but would work I think. In any case, if it works for Andreas he is
>> also preapproved to commit this kind change to unbreak his target.
>There are a lot of targets using unsigned int for size_t, which would
>have been uncovered by proper testing.
That's true, just remember to test *both* -m32 and -m64, for non trivial changes. How many times I have to repeat that?