This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] More noexcept -- 5th
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:09:00 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [v3] More noexcept -- 5th
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1309200904020 dot 10363 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr> <523C3B4B dot 6050209 at oracle dot com>
On Fri, 20 Sep 2013, Paolo Carlini wrote:
On 09/20/2013 09:46 AM, Marc Glisse wrote:
Of course we should not have lies, I thought we didn't, besides maybe special
cases having to do with the FULLY_DYNAMIC string thing, really a C++98 legacy
wa, which will not exist in the future. Can you please send an updated patch
for basic_string, I tried not to add lies about exceptions, but I didn't
remove existing ones.
Would you mind if we did that as a separate follow-up patch, unless there
are other problems with the patch? One is adding noexcept for
optimization, the other one would be removing some (no intersection) for
correctness. I'll do it this WE. I'll also need to remove the
corresponding noexcept from debug/profile mode...