This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] More noexcept -- 4th
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:50:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: [v3] More noexcept -- 4th
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1309190439570 dot 19561 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
On 09/19/2013 05:46 AM, Marc Glisse wrote:
If you like, please go ahead, there are no ABI issues in this case.
Indeed, in the current implementation the move constructor isn't
unconditionally noexcept due to the allocators. We have got a bug report
about that, a very recent one. You could add the decorations to the
current basic_string too and put a comment right before the constructor
mentioning the bug # and the fact that things have to be reworked anyway
in the C++11 conforming implementation.
I did not touch the regular basic_string because Paulo usually says
not to touch it, but I could do it as well if wanted.
The patch is otherwise Ok with me, thanks again!