This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH v3 05/18] convert the C front end to automatic dependencies
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at mrs dot kithrup dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, aoliva at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 10:27:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 05/18] convert the C front end to automatic dependencies
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1377007156-540-1-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <1377007156-540-6-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <52372436 dot 1070909 at gnu dot org> <87d2o6uopo dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On Sep 18, 2013, at 8:36 AM, Tom Tromey <email@example.com> wrote:
> It occurred to me this morning that AC_PROG_CC_C_O only checks the C
> compiler, but we're generally using the C++ compiler for gcc now. So I
> think this was already all obsolete.
The reality is that checking the C compiler is likely enough on all the systems we care about; though, it is non-optimal…