This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] More noexcept -- 3rd
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "libstdc++" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 17:09:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [v3] More noexcept -- 3rd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1309181725480 dot 10748 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr> <5239CE37 dot 3050103 at oracle dot com>
On 18 September 2013 17:00, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> On 09/18/2013 05:51 PM, Marc Glisse wrote:
>> some more containers...
Great, thanks for working your way through all these!
>> In debug array, we already have throw in noexcept functions, but if I
>> understand correctly it is only because of syntax limitations for
>> functions and aborts before throwing, although the use of
>> _GLIBCXX_THROW_OR_ABORT is suspicious. In any case, I am not changing this
>> with my patch.
> If I remember correctly, somebody invented that mild hack and suggested it
> to indeed have a check as part of a constexpr function, not a trivial task.
> Jon participated to that discussion.
I think that old discussion was in the "Should _GLIBCXX_DEBUG affect
tr1/array?" thread in January 2012.
> After a while I resurrected that old
> discussion, tested the code and it appeared to work well. In practice, are
> you experiencing specific problems with it?