This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, AArch64, ILP32] 1/5 Initial support - configury changes
- From: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 11:37:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, AArch64, ILP32] 1/5 Initial support - configury changes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <51CB6AAE dot 8030101 at arm dot com> <51CB6C3A dot 3010102 at arm dot com> <CA+=Sn1=k6Eu7tMxib8b0PmJa=npNr+cGC7wmYSQZ5eZGWnEggQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <51D32190 dot 4060908 at arm dot com> <mvmmwna8m78 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On 09/18/13 11:21, Andreas Schwab wrote:
Yufeng Zhang<Yufeng.Zhang@arm.com> writes:
(ASM_SPEC): Update to also substitute -mabi.
You should check that the assembler actually understands that option.
Currently it is impossible to build an aarch64-linux compiler with
binutils from the binutils-2_23 branch.
Ah, I didn't think too much at then on the backward compatibility issue
with binutils-2_23. One potential solution can be to backport part of
configury change from binutils trunk to 2_23. Can I ask if there is any
particular reason that you wouldn't like to build the trunk compiler
with the trunk binutils? Also since binutils 2.24 release shall not be
far away, would you be happy to wait for that instead?