This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] More noexcept for lists
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, François Dumont <frs dot dumont at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 11:38:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: [v3] More noexcept for lists
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1309172008570 dot 25880 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
On 09/17/2013 08:44 PM, Marc Glisse wrote:
Thus the idea is changing first all the containers and eventually go
back to __gnu_debug::_Safe_iterator and consistently add the noexcepts
there? Let's not forget that! (or alternately leave out all the
iterators related bits for the time being ;)
after vectors, lists. I didn't touch the throw we were discussing
earlier today for now. There will be an inconsistency with debug list
iterators because they use a general wrapper:
- I would need François to tell if that wrapper is ever used with
iterators that can throw,
- the same wrapper is used for several containers, so unless we change
all containers at once it can't stay consistent.
Patch is otherwise Ok with me, thanks.