This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [buildrobot] [PATCH] r202527: ssa / ssanames restructure broke alpha-linux
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Cc: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl dot de>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 17:45:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: [buildrobot] [PATCH] r202527: ssa / ssanames restructure broke alpha-linux
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFULd4bRbauJcNx1bM-GY7gau=kqMc3+Gb8AqZ+vTGd0kqw7fA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFULd4ZEWA=b2jKdPsksYL0JzcCFtEXam5_g53m=Ws+zdDv6oQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130916113655 dot GK24834 at lug-owl dot de> <CAFULd4YOTKzrDnyVLhnVXFK0PkF4iaT_oEOfMmu4m2ANVXbk+g at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1309161356140 dot 29729 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <CAFULd4bPE2vF8_8uYjPO3xCfjywWs=9GbKXACGj_qgAdZE1D7Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1309161611320 dot 9949 at wotan dot suse dot de> <CAFULd4Yptv8=8WDuedxmqxXY67b5cb+veTfuy1JuRdQDpziqag at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1309161638330 dot 9949 at wotan dot suse dot de>
On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Michael Matz <email@example.com> wrote:
>> > Why do you think so? The t-* frags are includes via
>> > ...
>> > tmake_file=...$(srcdir)/config/i386/t-i386
>> > ...
>> > ifneq ($(tmake_file),)
>> > include $(tmake_file)
>> > endif
>> > ...
>> > It's just that there's no t-alpha frag yet.
>> No, there is no problem with includes. The *dependencies* from t-*
>> files are missing.
> No, because the t- frags contain the dependencies and the t- frags are
> included by make verbatim, hence they're there when building target.o.
>> Please compare i386.o dependencies from config/i386/t-i386 with
>> $(out_object_file) from the resulting Makefile in the build directory.
>> They are NOT the same,
> Of course not. But as $(out_object_file) is 'i386.o' they will be
> dependencies for the same target.
>> the dependencies in the Makefile from the build
>> directory for $(out_object_file) AKA i386.o are copied verbatim from
> Sure. And the Makefile _includes_ the t- frags, which means for i386,
> that there are two dependency sets, once from Makefile.in copied into
> Makefile, for $(out_object_file), and once explicitely for i386.o from the
> t-i386 frag included by Makefile.
Thanks for your explanation, I was not aware that we actually have two
dependency sets for the same file. It was not obvious when looking
into generated Makefile, and I was not even sure that this is allowed.
I will prepare the corresponding t-alpha file that will set correct dependecies.