This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Generic lambda and implicit function template commits reverted
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Adam Butcher <adam at jessamine dot co dot uk>
- Cc: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>, Andrew Sutton <andrew dot n dot sutton at gmail dot com>, Gcc Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 07:45:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: Generic lambda and implicit function template commits reverted
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <df435c64eb60ae693c73cf118b54976e at imap dot force9 dot net> <1d1d419f76ca0b56520726b3e3cf5ac1 at imap dot force9 dot net>
On 09/15/2013 06:22 AM, Adam Butcher wrote:
[PATCH 1/5] Fix uninitialized variables causing breakage with -Werror.
[PATCH 2/5] Don't accept 'auto' as the 'type' of a template parameter.
[PATCH 3/5] Fix location diagnostics by returning to the deprecated
'input_location' global; must be a better fix for this.
Don't know why 'location_of (type)' gave "<built-in>:" rather than
"file:line:col:". My current workaround is to return to using
'input_location'. This gives the correct result but I doubt it is
This seems to be because make_auto_1 sets the location of the auto type
to BUILTINS_LOCATION; I don't remember why I did that. Changing it to
use input_location seems appropriate.
[PATCH 4/5] Lift CALL_FROM_THUNK_P setting to above the potential
'build_cplus_new' call to prevent ICE due to unexpected tree type.
[PATCH 5/5] Handle forward declaration of implicit function templates.
Previously kept template parameter types in scope.