This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] More noexcept for vectors
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 17:34:34 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [v3] More noexcept for vectors
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1309141228580 dot 9493 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr> <770d7b77-69e8-48ea-a7d4-5a6ca499cf83 at email dot android dot com> <a7b55575-dc1a-4015-8a4c-fc8adcfc941f at email dot android dot com>
- Reply-to: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Sat, 14 Sep 2013, Paolo Carlini wrote:
... what about debug-mode (and profile-mode)? Is in principle possible
to detect the noexcepts? If we can't exclude that, we should probably
change at the same time the special modes too. Otherwise seems just
matter of consistency?
I was going one file at a time, and the priority is clearly
"release"-mode, since this is about performance. I don't think there is
anything wrong with debug-mode having a different exception specification
(it is already binary-incompatible with the default mode) but I understand
why people may want to keep some consistency. I can do vector in the other
modes next if you want.