This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't always instrument shifts (PR sanitizer/58413)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:18:24 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't always instrument shifts (PR sanitizer/58413)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130913180135 dot GU23899 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, 13 Sep 2013, Marek Polacek wrote:
> This is kind of fugly, but don't have anything better at the moment.
> 2013-09-13 Marek Polacek <email@example.com>
> PR sanitizer/58413
> * c-ubsan.c (ubsan_instrument_shift): Don't instrument
> an expression if we can prove it is correct.
Shouldn't the conditions used here for an expression being proved correct
match those for instrumentation, i.e. depend on flag_isoc99 and on
(cxx_dialect == cxx11 || cxx_dialect == cxx1y)?
Joseph S. Myers